Which procedure would be the best to fix this, cool sculpting, lipo, abdominoplasty or mini tummy tuck? (Photo)

23 years old had cesarean with my twins I have struggled ever since to lose this lower belly 'pooch' and slight skin sagging regardless of diet or excercise

Tummy tuck vs liposuction

An aggressive liposuction would improve your abdomen but a tummy tuck would be the best result. A PS consult would help you decide which is best for you.

Which procedure would be the best to fix this, cool sculpting, lipo, abdominoplasty or mini tummy tuck?

you are a candidate for liposuction and a mini TT. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Abdominoplasty, mini tummy tuck, liposuction or cool sculpting

Based on your photos, it appears that a tummy tuck procedure would be the best option for you.  I do not feel that cool sculpting would be of benefit for you.  A mini tummy tuck addresses only the lower abdomen.  It appears as if you have a moderate degree of skin laxity above the umbilicus.

Tummy tuck versus liposuction or Coolsculpting

Having had twins your skin and muscles were stretched beyond what Coolsculpting or liposuction alone could deliver.  In my opinion, mothers of twins usually need a full tummy tuck but make an in-person appointment with a Board-certified plastic surgeon for best answers. Best wishes.

Below is a fully-healed mother of 3 who had a tummy tuck.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction v. TT

Liposuction and cool sculpting work well, but only can deal with excess fat.  A tummy tuck (full or mini) can also deal with excess skin and with laxity of the abdominal muscles. I can't tell much about the state of your abdominal wall based upon this one posted photo, but I do note skin excess, and chances are that would be exaggerated if only fat were removed. 

An in person consultation will be far more useful than online advice.  Choosing between a full or mini-TT would be reviewed, as would the possible benefit of adding liposuction to the mix.

All the best.

Procedure Recommendation

Thank you for your picture.  In my opinion, you may be a good candidate for liposuction and a tummy tuck.  Please make sure that you have completed your family plans before proceeding.  Please seek in person consultation from board certified plastic surgeons.

Thank you for posting your question and photo.  It appears from your history of having twins  and your photograph that a full tummy tuck would be your best option.   Of course, a plastic surgeon will be able to exam you and discuss with you which surgery would be best in your particular case.  Best wishes.

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

There are a variety of surgical procedures or combinations that can produce good results in patients with abdominal laxity, depending on multiple factors including their anatomy and degree of desired improvement: A mini tummy tuck, an umbilical float modified tummy tuck, a full abdominoplasty. Each of these can be performed with or without liposuction. They produce different degrees of improvement. Neither liposuction alone nor Cool Sculpting will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient with your particular anatomy.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and picture. Congratulations on the twin pregnancy!  Based on your pregnancy history, photograph, and stated goals, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. In my practice, I would not offer you any of the other operations/technologies you mention. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.