Marijuana 3 weeks after gyno surgery.

Hi I had excision and lipo surgery for gyno and was wondering that smoking marijuana once or twice a week cause gyno to come back? I am going to start going to the gym everyday lift play basketball and go on 2 mile runs 3-4 times a week also my diet is very good. All of my friends cousins and even my brother smoke a lot more than once or twice and there totally fine plus there pretty active too.

The Causes of Gynecomastia & the Lasting Effects of Treatment

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. 
Therefore, weight gain, steroid use,recreational drug use and have hormonal conditions can contribute to a return of gynecomastia regardless of previous surgical removal and treatments.

Marijuana 3 weeks after gyno surgery.

Congratulations on having undergone the gynecomastia corrective surgery. No physician will tell you that smoking marijuana after this type of surgery is a good idea.  Comparing yourself to your family members or  friends is not necessarily relevant.  Be careful with your decision-making. Best wishes.

Pot smoking

You already know that pot smoking makes your condition worse. It seems silly that you want to resume the very thing for which you had the surgery. I think the answer is obvious

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Marijuana use after gynecomastia surgery - is this a good idea?

Marijuana, anabolic steroids, and finasteride (Propecia) are three of the most common causes of breast growth in men.  If you have had the surgery, you will still have (or should have) a small amount of breast tissue still left behind the nipple areola complex for support.  Removal of too much breast tissue from this area is what causes a crater deformity.  Marijuana use after surgery can certainly affect this remaining tissue.

George H. Pope, MD

Marijuana 3 weeks after gyno surgery.

Thank you for your excellent question. Though smoking marijuana is a risk factor for gynecomastia development, if you had removal of all of your glandular tissue it is unlikely to return.  That said any tissue left behind may worsen with exposure if it had previously been sensitive to marijuana use.  Hope this helps.

Will Marijuana Cause Gynecomastia?

Marijuana can cause gynecomastia, it is not known why it affects some men and not others. It is a risk you need to ask yourself if you are willing to take. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD