I'm 3 weeks post op with uneven, saline implants. Will this change in time? (Photo)

Im 3 weeks post op with saline implants. I had 450cc put in the left and 420cc in the right. As you can see the left sits a lot higher and is a lot firmer. Eventually, will it drop to match the right?

Early Postop Breast Augmentation

I appreciate your concerns but way too early to worry. Your body needs time to heal and adapt to the implants. The skin and muscle over the implants must stretch a bit to allow the implants to settle into their final position. While your appearance will improve fairly quickly, don't expect to see your final result for at least 6 months after surgery. Good Luck!

Early Postop Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Asymmetry at 3 weeks

You are still fairly early post-op.  Ask your doctor about displacement exercises on the Left side.  It  may get you to your final result faster.  Best of luck to you!

Asymmetry at 3 weeks

Implant differences

Each breast will respond to implants a bit differently. Assuming that the left was smaller, it also is likely tighter and probably needs more time to settle.

Implant differences

3 weeks is early

Some asymmetry in the healing process is not uncommon.  You should observe for swelling or increasing asymmetry and be sure to communicate with your surgeon.  Most likely this will resolve as the healing process continues.  It may take 8 weeks or more to even out but most often things will evolve a lot in the coming months.  Be patient.  But trust your instincts and contact your surgeon if you feel this isn't getting better or is worsening.  Best wishes.

3 weeks is early

I'm 3 weeks post op with uneven, saline implants. Will this change in time?

Your results look good. Give it at least 3 months to see the final results as things do change over time. 

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and photograph, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your left implant and holding it higher on your chest. This is likely due to its larger size but should improve in position over the next couple of weeks.  Hang in there!  

Uneven, saline implants.

After breast augmentation the skin envelope will relax, a process we call dropping and the breast skin and the implant begin to form and shape together. Healing can take several months and you will improve over time. 

Uneven, saline implants.

Early in recovery phase

You are still early in the postoperative phase of healing. If you started out with a little asymmetry, you still may see a little bit postoperatively despite putting more fluid in the left side. Sometimes it takes several months for implants to both drop and soften. Follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon is recommended.

Early in recovery phase

Dark photo

It is not uncommon for one side to be a little tighter than the other.At 3 weeks things will soften and change for next 2-3 months. I like implant displacement exercises to help stretch the tissues and capsule as it forms.Talk to your surgeon.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Dark photo

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon