Can I lose this extra tummy with exercise or do I need a tummy tuck? (photos)

I have had 2 c sections, and after my last c section 3 years ago I have not been able to lose this belly! What do you all suggest?!

Can I lose this extra tummy with exercise or do I need a tummy tuck?

Exercise is great, but does not improve loose skin. Consider a lipo-abdominoplasty with a no-drain tummy tuck and rapid recovery technique. See link below for examples. 

Exercise or tummy tuck ?

Thank you  for your  question.
As you can see from the various answers you received here exercise alone will not do it.
Tummy tuck addresses two areas: Bringing your belly muscles together to improve your "bulge" and taking off the extra skin.
We can bring back some of your belly appearance you had before your pregnancies and C-sections.
Ultimately your result will depend on how much you get into shape with exercise and weight loss.
You may want to read a personal experience of a patient from Evansville undergoing a Mommy procedure/tummy tuck on my realself site

Guido P. Gutter, MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck for stubborn fat, loose skin and muscle separation

It’s very common for the mid-section to expand with pregnancy, particularly multiple pregnancies. Excess, stubborn fat, loose skin and muscle separation (diastasis recti) are all contributing factors. Exercise and a healthy diet are definitely recommended for your overall wellbeing, but they may not improve the appearance of your mid-section to your liking because they do little to improve these issues. Consider speaking to a board certified plastic surgeon about a full tummy tuck.

Tummy Tuck?

You can lose your tummy with diet and exercise or a tummy tuck. If you lose weight on your own you may be left with loose skin though.

Do I need a tummy tuck?

Based on the photos, it appears that you would be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. Losing more weight would reduce the amount of fat in the abdomen, but it will not address the muscle diastasis or the loose skin. In fact, it will most likely exasperate the issue with the loose skin. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and discuss further weight loss prior to surgery. Best wishes!

Ashley Gordon, MD

Only surgery will fix it

Exercise will not do it. You definitely need a tummy tuck.  Get to your best physical shape with diet and exercise. Then have a tummy tuck with flank sculpting via liposuction.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Your tummy

Your belly has extra skin, fat, and probably loose abdominal muscles. Losing weight will only address that fat component.  You may need a tummy tuck to return to a flat tummy. The best result from a tummy tuck would include prior weight loss before surgery.  Do your best!  But I know it's not an easy task to drop weight.

Tim Neavin, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  You appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck given the amount of skin laxity and apparent looseness of the abdominal wall.  I would recommend modest weight loss (10-15 lbs) prior to the procedure to first lose roundness to the belly so that it may be made as tight and flat as possible with the procedure.  To be sure, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for formal recommendations.  Best wishes!

Full tummy tuck

From this pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

It appears from your pictures that you would for sure benefit from a tummy tuck procedure. Unfortunately, carrying children stretches out the abdominal wall which in turn creates that lower "pooch" area that will not go away on its own. The abdominal skin also stretches and once the elasticity is lost, it cannot return back to "normal". All of this would be addressed in a tummy tuck surgery.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon