Is it possible to get my butt lifted up and rounded out?

So my butt kind of hangs down over the back of my thighs, its just not exactly in the shape i want it. Is there any chance that i can get it lifted up and rounded out?

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  From your description, it sounds like you would be a good candidate for BBL.  The popular ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ procedure is utilizes fat grafting to augment the curves of the gluteal region and accentuate the contour from lower back to buttocks. It is an excellent method for augmenting and lifting the buttocks and provides a beautiful, natural result. The procedure is performed by harvesting fat from unwanted areas of the body with liposuction and injecting it into buttocks. For individuals desiring a BBL but do not have enough fat available to be harvested, gluteal implants may be an excellent option for augmenting and enhancing the contour of the buttocks.
You should get a great result from liposuction, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Based on your question and without seeing photos, a brazilian butt lift would accomplish your goals.  By filling the buttocks, the buttocks will become rounder and also lifted.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Butt Lifted and Shaped

Thank you very much for your question.

With a Brazilian Butt Lift fat transfer, you can often get lifting of the buttocks, and a more rounded shape.  However, without picture (and ideally, an in-person consultation), it is difficult to know if that is a good option in your case.  I recommend visiting with a well-trained plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Butt lift

Thank you for your question.  Without photos and more importantly, an in-person evaluation of your anatomy, it is nearly impossible to tell you what would be possible for you in terms of cosmetic surgery.  In general though, patients who have a sufficient amount of fat on their bodies to be transferred to their buttocks' can obtain a better shape and size.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Butt lift and rounded?

These desires are all possible but an in person physical exam is necessary to determine the best option(s) for you. Most of my patients with these same intersts are best treated with buttock implants to perk up the butt and round it out too. Please read on for more details:

Regarding buttock/hip augmentation, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12 months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants).
Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.
Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation. Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like liquid silicone, PMMA, and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.
Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock/hip augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 1 1/2 inch long incision along the inner curve of each upper buttock cheek at the level of the tailbone, similar to two opposing parentheses ")(" (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. On the other hand, hip implants are placed under just the fascia because no significant muscle exists in this region. However, because they are much smaller and lighter, their likelihood of migration is relatively low. Because all of this, it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure so that the implant placement is precise for both locations. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to <2% (much lower than and contrary to popular belief by many other surgeons not experienced in buttock implants).
Depending upon the amount of your current fat reserves and their distribution, you may or may not be a reasonable candidate for fat transfer. If you are wanting to utilize the fat to further augment your buttock in addition to implants, then I caution you against this. The reason being that the fat needs to be placed into the buttock muscles for optimal survival, however, this is exactly where the implant needs to reside and thus risks infection and/or death of the fat. Because of this risk, I frequently avoid fat grafting into a buttock that has an implant. Bottom line, I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon specialist in buttock augmentation (BOTH implants and fat transfer) to determine what option is best for you. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Can my but be lifted and rounded out?

Hello and thank you for your question. Difficult to make a recommendation without photos, but suffice it to say either an excision all butt lift especially if lots of loose skin or fat injections  (brazilian butt lift) if skin tone reasonable would be the way to go.
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon