Wound healing problems. What exactly am I looking at here? (photos)

3 weeks after my breast lift I find a bit of blood and yellow/green residue on my bandages. I contacted my PS, but wanting a second opinion.

Wound care

What you are describing isn't unusual, but the fact that this is "new" means that it should be assessed in person by your surgeon. Schedule an appointment to see him or her in person as soon as possible.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Wound care

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Healing Problems

Hello and thank you for reaching out. The discharge you have found on your bandages is not entirely uncommon for post op healing, but if you feel like you are experiencing any issues with possibly a reaction to suture, it is best to schedule to have your surgeon take a look at it as soon as possible. Good luck!

Healing Problems

Wound Healing Problems Post-Op

Considering that it is 3 weeks post-op and the suture is now having this problem the best thing to do would be to see your surgeon in person. Good luck!

Wound Healing Problems Post-Op

Wound healing

Thank you for your question and photos.  The wound healing issue that you are experiencing is not necessarily uncommon after a breast lift.  However, you should be evaluated in person by your operating surgeon to rule out infection and to determine what would be best for you in terms of managing your wound to ensure optimal healing moving forward.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Wound healing

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast augmentation with lift

Due to the extent of incision line manipulation and incision line design, it is not uncommon to get some incision line separation resulting in oozing. this can be managed with removal of the stitch and Bandaid. Please see you surgeon.

Breast augmentation with lift

Delayed Healing After Breast Lift

It is not uncommon for patients to experience areas that do not heal as fast as others following breast lift or reduction. This refers to delayed healing. As a result, one may see a bit of blood or yellow drainage from the open site. From the photos, there does not appear to be significant redness around the wound which would indicate possible infection. In my patient population, I would advise daily dressings of polysporin and a non-stick dressing. If the wound worsens, redness develops or there is increased drainage, this may indicate infection and possibly the need for antibiotics. It is always easier to assess these problems in person compared to photos so I would recommend contacting your plastic surgeon for a follow-up appointment.

Robyn Watts, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Delayed Healing After Breast Lift

Robyn Watts, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon