Best solution for my hooded eye/eyes? (Photos)

It's really bothering me because it makes me look "harsh". My mom had eyelid removal when she was younger but I've always had hooded eyes like my dad & my mom. As you can see on the second photo, there is a lot of extra skin i can slighty pull out. What can i do about it? And what is the best solution for getting bigger eyelids? Thanks you for answering it means a lot

Hooded eyes

It looks like you would be a great candidate for an upper lid blepharoplasty. This would remove that excess skin. The procedure can easily be performed in the office using local anesthetic.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Extra eyelid skin

Redundant eyelid skin can be reduced with an upper blepharoplasty procedure. From your picture, I am guessing that this is a congenital feature and not from aging.  Be sure to have a careful discussion with your surgeon about  your expectations since this will  be a change to your appearance and not just a reversal of aging. Removing skin will allow your upper eyelid to be more visible and defined. 

Stephen Fink, DO FAOCO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hooded eyelids

There are many things that cause eyes to appear hooded or asymmetric.  In your case you have several asymmetries including the eyebrow and eyelid height.  This doesn't not mean that these should be fixed but rather it requires a comprehensive solution and part of that may be nonsurgical.

I would suggest a consult with an oculoplastic surgeon so you can best meet your desires.

Hooded eyelids

Thank you for your question.  From your photograph it appears that you have excess skin. You can consult in person with an Oculoplastic Surgeon to see if you are a good candidate for blepharoplasty surgery to address your aesthetic complaints.  Good luck!

Debra M. Kroll, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon