Why do my sinuses not feel clear after septoplasty & turbinate surgery?

During that surgery, both infected maxillary sinuses have been cleaned completely. After the surgery , I was able to feel that my sinuses are very clean. 3 weeks later, that sensation disappeared. 1- what is the reason/s of disappearing of that sensation? 2- does that mean the reduced turbinates have enlarged again or what? 3- any suggestion * Notice: after the surgery, my surgeon has prescribed (Sinomarin Hypertonic Sea Water Spray). I still use it but I do not think it is not so effective.

Some swelling and tissue inflammation is normal after surgery.  An examination by your surgeon would determine if all is well after the surgery.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. The response to the question does not constitute a doctor patient relationship or formal advice.

Sinus and septal surgery

It is not uncommon to have a decent amount of swelling inside the nose after this type of surgery. I would recommend following up with your doctor so they can look inside and make sure everything is healing appropriately.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon