Scabbing the recipient area by nurse at day 10, can be the reason for almost no grow of transplanted hair at one side?

At day 10, the nurse took away the stiches in the donor area and scabbed my recipient area (front and temporal). My wife has the same feeling as me: the nurse scabbed very aggressive and fast the recipient area. Do you believe this can be the reason of almost no grow of transplanted hair at one side (the other side has a moderated growth)? Or do you believe it is more related with technical error of one of the technician with graft trimming or placing, etc.)?

Crusting after hair transplant

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see noevidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing,.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results. So it would be difficult to tell after a hair w

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results.  So it would be difficult to tell after a hair wash on the 10th day.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon