Is it safe to have a mastoplexy revision 5 months after a botched lift and implant and 3 months after explant? (photos)

Hi there experts..I went to see a specialist surgeon who mainly does breast revisions...he reckons I need a full mastoplexy again but I am scared my new scar will contract as the breast tissue be rearranged. What are the odds?..will another surgery so soon put strain on m body ..lol ready

Mastopexy revision

This is a difficult situation.  I would work with your local PS and manage the scar process with frequent massage to help keep the tissues soft.  It may be that you need to have some further thickening of the skin envelope with pre-implant fat injections or even an expander.  It is also possible simply to put in an implant and revise the skin envelope in one stage.  A lot depends on how your tissues look and feel live.  

Breast Revision

Good evening!I do a lot of revisions, and the general rule is that you wait 12 weeks and then if you're still not happy once the swelling has subsided and things have settled down it is then safe to undergo a revision. You have a lot of distortion and asymmetry, so it appears a revision is definitely called for.I have attached a link to my Breast Augmentation Revision photo gallery for your review- hope it helps!

Revision

We would wait TIL 6 month after explantation before replacing the implants to allow fir further softening and relaxing of the tissue. Consult with breast revision experts in your area

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Revision

Patients may be anxious to consider a revision, more so if they are displeased by their appearance after a complication.  It is important to consider the reason for the failure of the first procedure, and whether the area has fully healed - are the scars now soft and mature?  it varies from patient to patient, but generally takes 6-12 months.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

Is it safe to have a mastoplexy revision 5 months after a botched lift and implant and 3 months after explant?

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced; your disappointment/frustration is certainly understandable. You will find that there are very few "absolutes" in the field of plastic surgery. In other words, practices will vary from one plastic surgeon to another.

Personally, I think that the management of breast implant exposure situation needs to be individualized. In most cases, patients are best served by removing the breast implant involved, with the goal of breast re augmentation many months subsequently. Ultimately, timing of the re operation is best individualized depending on the clinical/microbiology findings.

Factors that I use when deciding when to return to the operating room include:  the nature of the infection present initially ( superficial versus deep, microbiology results…),  how well and/or quickly the patient's tissues "heal" after removal of breast implants,  the patient's physical examination with emphasis on softness/pliability of the patient's tissues…  Generally, if in doubt, best to undergo breast re augmentation later rather than too soon.  Your case, based on the photographs and limited information, I would encourage you to be patient;  you will likely find that the tissues will be more "malleable" the longer you wait.

Keep in mind, what I have described is based on my personal experience/opinions.  Your plastic surgeon, having the benefit of knowing your history and  current situation, will always be your best resource. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.