What to do about my ptosis? My idea is to have an experienced plastic surgeon do a surgery on my levator muscle. (photo)

What do you think about my ptosis? From what I understand I have a rather minor ptosis which makes my right eyelid a bit droopy. I have had this since I was a kid. Do you think I have a good chance of a positive result if I do a surgery? Anything you experts recommend I check first? From what I can tell I also have a bit more skin above my other eye (the left eye). Would it be good to take care of that during the same operation to make my eyes look more symmetrical? Thank you very very much!

Doctor Answers 3

Eyelid ptosis

Thank you for your question.  The ptosis, which is congenital if present since birth, can be corrected with surgery.  Consult with a surgeon who specializes in eyelid surgery.   Best wishes. 

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Correction of eyelid ptosis

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

You have minor ptosis that can be corrected to a better level of symmetry. 

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

What to do for my droopy eyelids

 Thank you for sharing your questions. You have common problems that specialists in eyelids manage daily (oculoplastic surgeons).  There are several methods to treat your problems. Make an in-person appointment for consultation with an experienced eyelid surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and complete discussion of potential options. Best of luck, 

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 140 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.