Post Lipo belly bumps. Lipo 6 months ago now? (Photos)

Hello. I had liposuction last March - abs, inner thighs, flanks, saddle bags. The swelling is still coming & going all over (even on my arms now). My weight can shifts 2 kilos in 24hours. I am concerned about my abs. there are swelling patches that won't get to away & tender when stretched. I am 51years old, athletic. I never had this before surgery! Will this go away with time or is there something I can do to help it dissepate? Photo attached. I'm pulling skin upward so patches are clear.

VASER Complications -- Vanquish, Cellutone, Massage -- Revision Surgery May Be Needed

In my experience fixing numerous cases like this, surgery is best and is what is needed.  However, in some instances non invasive treatments like cellutone/vanquish have helped.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - still swelling sixmonths later

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am so sorry you are having these problems after your liposuction.
  • It is very hard to tell what is going on given the photos -
  • It looks as though you had laser liposuction by an inexperienced surgeon or someone not trained in surgery. 
  • Laser liposuction plus lack of plastic surgery expertise is the most common cause, in my experience, of the severe, prolonged swelling and tenderness and of the indentations you seem to have.
  • There is nothing that will speed up the healing, if this is from an internal laser burn. It takes time.
  • I suggest you discuss your concerns with your original surgeon and if he cannot satisfactorily explain it or help you, wait another six months and then see a properly qualified plastic surgeon. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS