Open Rhinoplasty - Unhappy with result. (photos)

I had an open Rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago. I am unhappy with the result, my tip is still very round and full and my nose still looks v thick. My profile is a little more upturned than before. My nose was broken to narrow it and aim was to refine my nose and tip, but there is virtually no difference. I know there may be a little swelling but I don't see this settling down into the refined pretty nose I was after. Back with my surgeon in 3 weeks for review. Many thanks for input.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Swelling

Even without seeing your pre op photos (which would be helpful) you look to have very very thick skin which you should have been told will limit the degree to which you can get a "pretty refined nose " - as importantly is the fact that thick skin will swell dramatically in the first 4-6 weeks and be slow to start settling - at 5 weeks it looks like more swelling than average even considering thick skin and I would ask your doctor about the option of a steroid injection to speed up swelling reduction Lymphaticmassage and night taping can help greatly also 

5 wks result

It is very early to make any firm judgements.  One thing you might consider with the confirmation of you surgeon is some night time taping.  That can help swelling go down earlier and give you a better sense for where you are headed.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD