Do we lose irreplaceable liquids during liposuction!?

I wanted to know if it's true that we lost very precious liquids from our body during liposuction. I was told during this process the lipo will take out some irreplaceable liquids apart from fat and blood. Is it tru or just a discouraging lie to prevent me from doing it ??? I wanna have lipo and bbl. Thank you for your helpful answers

Loss of cells during lipo

they might be talking about stem cells, though we certainly have lots of them. Fat is an excellent source of stem cells which are being used in many areas of medicine and dentistry these days.I would not be dissuaded from lipo assuming you are a good candidate. Choose your surgeon wisely.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction & fluids

Interesting question. Yes, fluid (plasma, water, electrolytes, and small amounts of blood) is removed along w/ the fat cells during liposuction. However, none of these are irreplaceable. Your body is constantly making the correct make up of fluids it needs, provided your other body systems (especially kidneys) are functioning correctly. Liposuction is very safe when performed by surgeons who are properly trained to do it. I hope that helps answer your question. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and BBL - do we lose irreplaceable liquids?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.
  • Your information is wrong -
  • We lose fluids during liposuction - but they are NOT irreplaceable.
  • We lose water and salt and a little blood.
  • The fluid is replaced by the tumescent fluid injected during surgery - and by normal eating afterwards.
  • There is no reason to not have liposuction and a BBL if you want it done and your surgeon finds you to be a good candidate - go ahead and have consultatio!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS