Juvederm 3 or volbella for nasolobial area.

I am a men 44 old and i did nasoloabial with filler Mycli its a italian filler 30% hyaluronic. I put 2 mml each side the effect is here but I am.not so happy. The doctor said that on male person is more hard to obtain great result with just one application so they told me to do another one after 3 months . I was thinking the filler is not so good and I ask them.for another brand . They have juvederm ultrab3 and volbella . Can you please give me advice witch one to use as a second application

Thanks for query. Juvederm is well known brand proven for its efficacy and ultra plus works wonderfully for the nasolabial folds giving it very smooth and graceful look. It does not depend upon the gender for result but it depends on how far you have reached in the aging process, and how deep are your folds and also the expertise of your injector. Juvederm ultra plus is a good option, volbella will be a little light for the nasolabial folds. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

Its difficult to give you an answer without any pictures. However, often the result at the nasolabial folds is not optimal without treating the cheeks. best wishes!

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your filler results have not been what you anticipated.  Without photographs to evaluate I would recommend a Juvederm product such as Ultra Plus as it supplies more volume than volbella will in the smile lines.  Hope this helps.

Nasolabial filler

In my Beverly Hills office I routinely use Juvederm Ultra XC with good success in that area.The longevity is also very satisfying.  Good luck,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Go with a combination approach for nasolabial lines with fillers (voluma) and sculptra

I recommend a combination approach for best results. There are a lot of options for improving the nasolabial folds and this often means fillers for the folds themselves but also lifting around the mouth and cheeks to build underlying anatomical support. In our practice we combine sculptra with other fillers "layered" on top to get the most conservative natural look.  Please see a facial sculpting expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

Volift for Nasolabial Folds

Dear boby71:

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend Juvederm Volift using blunt cannulas for softening of your nasolabial area.  Please see and expert injector.  Best wishes.

Nasolabial fold filler

Thank you so much for your question!  I think it's great that you are open to improving the aesthetic appearance of your face with filler.  It is true that numerous syringes of filler are often necessary to create the effect you are looking for.  I tell my patients that layering filler over time will ultimately provide a great foundation that will only need tweaking or freshening up every now and then.  So, I promise, once you reach your baseline you will not need as much filler to maintain the desired effect. Remember, the brochures that advertise various types of filler usually have models that have had numerous syringes (sometimes 8-12 syringes) to achieve that level of correction. To answer your question, Juvederm or Volbella?  In my experience, Juvederm would be best suited for the nasolabial fold area since Volbella is indicated primarily for lines around the mouth and can also be used in tear troughs.  You will get good longevity out of the Juvederm in the area of the nasolabial folds and, because this is your second application, you will most likely see even more correction this time around.  WIshing you great success on this journey!

Remus Repta, MD

Which filler?

It is hard to give too much of an opinion without seeing you in person.  However, if it is just a deeper nasolabial fold without too much skin laxity I would say Juvederm would be what I would recommend. Volbella will likely be too thin of a filler to give you the volume you are looking for. One syringe is also likely not enough if you have significant Nasolabial fold. If unsure you can always seek out a second opinion

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Filler result unsatisfactory

After having had unsatisfactory results from filler injection, you may want to consider going for a second opinion by another physician.

Richard O. Gregory, MD