Does hair length affect head movement in Rhinoplasty procedures?

Hello, I had a rhinoplasty a number of years ago and recently I have wondered if the length of a patient's hair during surgery affects the degree of head movement. To further expand on what I mean: does having longer hair result in more to-ing and fro-ing and side-to-side movements as the surgeon is working on the nose? As rhinoplasty surgeons, do you notice any difference in degree of head movement between longer-haired and short-haired patients? Thank you

Hair length impact on surgery

In my practice, typically the head is covered with a sterile towel wrap making length of hair irrelevant.  The head sits in a specialized pillow to prevent the head from moving around during surgery and stabilizing the patient's neck.  

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair length does not affect head movement in Rhinoplasty surgery.  I hope you are happy with your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD