Flanks liposuction. My doctor has said he will do the incision through my thigh. Is this usual?

I'm going to have liposuction on my flanks to make my waist smaller. Today my doctor has said, he will do the incision through my thigh. Is it usual? I've always thought for flank lipo doctor has to make the incision through the lower back. I would be thankful for every answer!

Flank liposuction incision

Thank you for asking about your flank liposuction.

• There is no one way to do flank liposuction.
  • Depending on how far the fat goes to the back, I may do it from the front and back, or just the front.
  • Be sure to show your surgeon exactly the area you want treated and be sure it is marked right before surgery so that there is no misunderstanding between what you want done and what your surgeon plans to do.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction incisions

Doctors have different preferences on incision placement.

The important thing is that your expectations are clearly

address during your consultation. Once you are satisfied

with what you should expect, options and risks  then you 

may consider to proceed with surgery. Best wishes.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon