Two eyelid creases and ptosis. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi, I have ptosis one both eyes ( moderate on the left, mild on the right) and I'm considering surgery now. I always noticed that I have two eyelid creases on each eye, and I wonder weather that is somehow linked to the ptosis or is it due to excess skin? Can this be corrected too during ptosis surgery?

Eyelid ptosis

You can have a removal of a small strip of skin. At the same time a plication of the levator will improve your upper eyelid position.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

The answer is absolutely yes if your surgeon knows what they are doing.

Having said that many don't.  It is not strictly their fault.  Many eyelid surgeons are general plastic surgeons and they lack specialized training in eyelid surgery possessed by fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeons.  Even in the area of oculoplastic surgery the management of functional ptosis surgery and aesthetic eyelid surgery is arcane.  Very few do it exceptionally well and that is what you are going to need.  I suspect you have levator dehiscence ptosis. This will not do well with a posterior approach ptosis surgery.  In my opinion you need anterior levator ptosis surgery.  The upper eyelid fold needs to be preserved so you retain a natural appearance.  Study the attached ebook.