Excess skin after weight loss. Candidate for tummy tuck/lipo/breast lipo? (photos)

30 years old male, 115kg current weight, 180cm height. Pictures are after 33kg weight loss (physical exercise). I began a weight loss journey and lost total of 62kg last 6 years. This is how I look now after adding some weights on in the gym. I am considering surgery to get rid of excess skin and lipo the remaining fat. Main problem is around the waist and breast. Recommended procedures/intervention? Thanks in advance.

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Congrats on your weight loss , based on these pictures you are a great candidate for these procedures, a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening will give you a flatter abdomen and liposuction of all areas will give you a better contour,consult carefully with a board certified PS.

Full tummy tuck with muscle plication

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Male Breast Reduction

Hi jogavan,

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures provided it seems as if you would be an excellent candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck and a Male Breast Reduction. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck?

Congratulations on losing 62 kg overall. That's really impressive. I think you should consider the tummy tuck and some liposuction. However, the photos are more suggestive for a need to do simple mastectomy on the breast area. Have a consultation with several certified plastic surgeons in your area. 

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Candidate

Based on the photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck and liposuction. Consult with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Weight loss then surgery

Thank you for your questions.  I recommend some continued weight loss to lose the roundness of the belly decreasing the fat on the inside that surgery cannot address.  After you reach your goal weight, you appear to be a candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction of the flanks, back, and chest.  To be sure, consult with one or more plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Nicholas Tarola, MD

Excess skin after weight loss. Candidate for tummy tuck/lipo/breast lipo?

Once your weight is stabilized with a  BMI of under 30 (your BMI is 35), I'd suggest that you may benefit from an extended tummy tuck and back liposuction.  Your chest can be reduced to some degree with liposuction however loose skin will remain.  The more visceral fat that you lose with diet and exercise the better your results will be.  Keep up the good work and ATB,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Potential candidate for an Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)

Thank you for your question. It appears from your photos that you may be an excellent candidate for an Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) procedure with Liposuction to your adjacent areas - including flanks, hips, back rolls, and possibly your breasts. The best advice for you would be to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will discuss your aesthetic goals and desires and carefully evaluate your abdominal tissue, skin laxity, and contouring concerns. 

Susan D. Vasko, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Excess skin after weight loss.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  It appears that you will be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist/love handles.  This will allow removal of excess skin and adipose tissue while leaving you with a flatter, tighter appearance.  At your current weight and height I would recommend continued weight loss in order to maximize your cosmetic result and minimize possible surgical complications.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  Best wishes.