C section scar revision and lipo or mini tummy tuck? (photos)

I want the shortest down time possible...

MIni tummy tuck

This is a good question and I thank you for the picture. This is a matter of semantics. You have skin excess and a "stuck" scar. This is corrected by "scar revision" or Mini tummy tuck. It is a matter of degree. Both will improve the situation. An in person exam and discussion of your true desires is needed. A mini tuck will tighten your tummy more and may be indicated based on your expectations for improvement.

Good luck

C-Section Scar

You have a tethered C-section scar which can be revised.  This can be carried out with liposuction of the fulness you have on your abdominal wall.

As you do not have a large excess of skin, unless there is significant laxity of the muscles, abdominoplasty is not indicated.

Douglas McGeorge, MBChB
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

thank you for your question and your photo.

I suggest you to consult a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Scar revision vs. Mini

The pictures that you have submitted do not allow for enough evaluation to answer your question. Your best course of action is a consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

C section scar revision and lipo or mini tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Exactly which operation you should undergo will depend mainly on your personal GOALS.  My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased. Communicate your concerns/goals carefully. After careful physical examination, your plastic surgeon will be able to guide you when it comes to the best operation to proceed with, in order to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with.  Remember that the operation associated with the "shortest downtime possible" (C-section scar revision), may or may not achieve the desired aesthetic outcome.

What is the best tummy operation for me

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and tummy tuck.

I believe you need to see a plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and to be examined to know what changes occurred in your body from pregnancy and the best treatment. Your photos do not provide enough information to give you good advice. Sorry - and wish it were possible.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mini tummy tuck vs scar revision and lipo

The photos you posted are not very helpful, it does not show your upper abdomen at all. It is hard to determine by pictures alone what you would need, an in person evaluation would be best.  If you do not have laxity to the upper abdomen you may be able to just do liposuction and the scar revision.  But if you have any laxity above the umbilicus or muscles need tightened then you would require more.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon