Shall I avoid swimming for longer than 1 month after my eyelid surgery? (photos)

Can swimming goggles/chlorine slow healing? lower blepharoplasty with Canthoplsty, cut extending on the outer part of the eyes.also all facial muscles were tightened by blepharo with reduction of nasolabial folds.i was required to avoid swimming for 1 month.scars are still red at 5 weeks and a small bulge is still present in my right eye (the bulge on the other eye is gone now) where the muscles were re-attached to bone.

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. Based on reading your current recovery position, I would recommend against swimming. You should discuss with your board certified facial plastic surgeon because you should be following their recovery instructions exclusively. Your healing process seems to be on pace and consistent with our patients. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon