Asymmetric growth of transplanted hair. Any suggestions?

5 months ago I had a hairtransplant FUT, 3000 grafts. At 5 month, one side has a moderated growth ; the other side clearly almost no grafts. What can be the cause? i followed strictly protocol of doctor, including daily minoxidil and finasteride.

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to follow up

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to follow up with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Symetrical growth 5 months after a hair transplant

One side may be slower to grow than the other side. I would wait another couple of months and if you still see a difference, go back to your surgeon

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Asymmetric growth at 5 months after hair transplant

fierens,It is too early to call. Sometimes growth on one side or the other can lag. If the growth does occur between 12-18 months then it might be some technical error with graft trimming or placing. Would recommend that you follow up with your hair restoration surgeon.
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Uneven growth at 5 months

It is quite early to asses the growth of your transplant--you'll have a much better idea as to your progress in another 3-4 months, but it could take 12-15 months to see your final result. In many cases, what appears to be uneven or asymmetric growth early on tends to even out over time. But any honest hair transplant surgeon who has been around for more than a few years will tell you that there are cases where, for often unknown reasons, the growth in one area or on one side is less robust than it is elsewhere. Time will tell. But don't blame yourself if your final growth is uneven--it sounds as if you did everything right. If you haven't already been back to see your doctor at this point, I suggest that you do so; he or she will want to follow your progress with you, and may be able to give you some reassurance.
Thanks for your question--I hope this was helpful.Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Weird growth

You can see things like this in the first few months.  However, a follow up is not a bad idea.  It can take 18 months for the full final results. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist