After lipo: Is it possible that I feel a nerve under my skin at a overresected spot? Or is it scar tissue?

I got lipo on outer thighs three months ago. Posted before about a dent what looks like the typical "trochanteric lipotrop" due to overresection. Just right behind the greater throchanter where the drop starts I feel a pinching pain when I stroke firmly over the area. I think I feel something like a string under my skin? My surgeon downplayed the spot in the follow up appointments and tried to blame my healing, he will fix it tho. Thank you for your answers.

Liposuction - am I feeling a nerve

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• What you describe sounds like a dysesthesias -
  • It is a medical term for an abnormal feeling arising from an injured nerve.
  • These injuries are usually mild and usually subside on their own within 6 months.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD