Bubble on breast augmentation scar, 8 weeks post-op. What can I do? (photo)

I had a breast lift and 545 cc implants 8 weeks ago. 4 weeks ago the scar was not healing so the ps decided to sew it together. Last week he removed the stiches. Today I saw bubbles on the scar and sometime I feel a little pain. What can I do?

Bubble on breast augmentation scar, 8 weeks post-op. What can I do

I think to see your surgeon soon so they can help you. It appears thee incision is not healing well and you need more surgery to avoid having to remove the implants

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Bubble on breast augmentation scar, 8 weeks post-op. What can I do?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Due to the appearance of your breast I would advocate seeing your surgeon sooner than later.  It appears that you have an infection and possible fluid collection that needs to be evaluated and treated.  Best wishes. 

Follow up with your surgeon

Contact your surgeons office to be seen sooner rather than later. This needs to be evaluated in person. Best wishes. 

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastaugmentation #breastlift 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast incision

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend seeing your surgeon as soon as possible to have this evaluated.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

8 weeks PO

You need to see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible to discuss wound healing concerns of that one breast. 

Bubble on the scar

You really need to see your surgeon as soon as you can. It looks to me like your wound is about to open up and I suspect you have a seroma (fluid build up) around your implant.

James Murphy, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

"bubble" on scar

You need to see your surgeon to make sure you are not developing a wound infection following the wound "closure".

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Need further evaluation

Difficult to see on the photos but I am still concerned about the delay in wound healing.  I would call your surgeon and be seen urgently.  Infection in light of breast implants must be taken very seriously.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Breast scar

Thank you for question and photos.  You should call your Plastic Surgeon and inform him/her of your concerns.  Without a physical exam it is difficult to determine what is going on.  With the pain and redness I'd be concerned of a possible infection.  It  could  also be the way you are healing; possibly a thicker scar called a keloid scar. In the case of a Keloid scar, many practices offer scar therapy, I use Embrace Scar Therapy in my practice.   Please be sure you follow up with your PS and follow all post op instructions.  Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon