40 years old male with "lumps" near the corners of my mouth, filler doesn't seem to help, so what will?

I did 'filler lifting' to treat the nasolabial folds (3 injections of Emervel Deep, one every 3 months in the past year, ~0.5ml on each side each time, first directly above the folds and then twice higher up near the tear throughs). These improved my facial appearance but didn't really lift the folds, so I'm not too optimistic about them lifting the 'lumps'. Which treatment you believe would be helpful then, and how long would results normally last? Could the folds also be helped? Thank you!

Doctor Answers 3

Need a filler to pull from above

I do not think that filling areas in lower face is the way to fix your problem. My preference would be to add volume higher up, mid-face. I would use Sculptra, Voluma or Radiesse. Different injectors have their own preference and if you go to an experienced physician they should be able to go over the options

Birmingham Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Improving jowls with chin filler

While I agree that Voluma would give a better lift, I also see that you also have volume loss in the chin, giving you a prominent cleft and more prominent jowls.  I would recommend some hyaluronic acid filler in your chin which will help balance the heaviness of the jowls.  In addition, lower face radiofrequency or ultrasound tightening may be helpful to improve skin laxity in your jowls.

Karen Stolman, MD
Sandy Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Voluma is best product for filler lifting

Based on your pictures, you still have a great deal of volume loss along your cheekbones and midface.  Voluma is probably the most powerful and durable product to naturally lift these tissues and improve your lumps.  Talk to your doctor about this treatment.

Daniel Yamini, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.