Is there a semi permanent facial filler that can last for more than two years?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 7
How Long Does Voluma Last?
But remember that everybody has an individual response to fillers and for some, it lasts longer than for others.
Long lasting Facial Fillers
Juvederm Voluma and Juvederm are great facial fillers. On average, they last approximately one to two years depending on the amount of filler injected. If you are looking for a longer lasting filler than you should consider Sculptra. Sculptra takes several treatments one month apart to achieve these results. The most important consideration is finding a board certified dermatologist with experience with these cosmetic procedures for the best results.
Balancing "long lasting" with side effects
You might also like...
Long lasting filler
- Your surgeon gave you good advice.
- Patients who had Voluma maintained their improvement after a year- most needed more after 2 years.
- Restylane lasts between 6 - 9 months, on average.
- Fillers can last longer or dissipate earlier than 'average' depending on the person's body reaction.
- Both are hyaluronic acid fillers - this is a natural joint gel that can be dissolved if the result is lumpy.
- Bellafil - a recently FDA approved filler - is cow collagen + polymethylmethracrylate beads. It requires a pre-treatment allergy test. The polymethylmetracrylate is a permanent plastic - I have yet to see any permanent injectable that stands the test of time.
- (In my experience, all the permanent fillers cause chronic inflammatory reactions that make injected tissues cement-hard within 5 years - Bellafil may prove the exception but I don't use it yet.)
- Also there are still doubts about disease transmission using living-animal derived injectable, hence the preference for hyaluronic acid fillers.
- Aquafil is not FDA approved and cannot be used legally in the USA.
- Sculptra can last for years when it works - but is expensive and many, many people see no results at all.
- Fat injections may be permanent - but are more expensive than fillers and results are unpredictable.
- One day we may have a safe, effective, permanent filler or one that lasts more than 2 years.
- To date, the best of the long-lasting fillers is Voluma.
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.
Long Term Fillers -- Radiesse, Sculptra, BellaFill and Fat
Any facial fillers that last more than 2 years?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.