What is recovery be like if I have these combined: Medial Thigh Lift, Breast lift w/ Implants, and Tummy tuck?

I would like to know what I should expect for recovery time and complications by combining them into one surgery?

Medial Thigh Lift, Breast lift w/ Implants, and Tummy tuck all at the same time?

It is often beneficial to combine plastic surgery procedures in healthy patients.  It saves them money, anesthesia and recovery time.  That being said, there is a limit to combining procedures and in my practice, I would not combine the four procedures you mention.  Tummy tuck and medial thigh lift are big hits and I rarely combine two big hits.  Also, sometimes procedures just are best done separately for anatomic reasons.  Tummy tuck often provides a improvement in the medial thigh contour and therefore I like to do the tummy tuck first, wait a few months and then do the medial thighs.  Some procedures are great to combine and I often combine breast surgery and tummy tuck.  There is no need for positioning change in the OR and the set up is very straight forward.  And then there is the consideration of the length of surgery.  I like to limit my cases to 6 hours for a couple of reasons.  Despite our best efforts, patients can get cold when the surgery is prolonged and many areas of the body are exposed.  There is also potential for excess blood loss and fluid shifts with really long procedures.  And then there is the factor of surgeon fatigue.  Yes, we are all bad ass but we do get tired!  After about six hours of intense operating, I am beat!  For your procedures, I would first do your tummy and breasts and then do your thighs maybe 3 months later.  Recovery would require about 2 weeks off a desk job and you could expect to be fatigued for about 6 weeks after each procedure.  I know it's tempting to just have it all done at once but I would not recommend it.

Multiple Body Procedures

Multiple body contouring procedures can be done safely in well selected, healthy and very motivated patients by an experienced surgeon in a facility that commonly does these operations. These operations are not the same for all women. The extent or complexity can depend on the severity of breast sagging and the amount of excess skin and fat on the tummy and thighs. Age, BMI greater than 30 and any pre-existing health conditions can increase the risk of complications. The risk of blood clots in the legs or lungs is higher when a tummy tuck is performed and the appropriate preventive measures should be taken. Be sure your surgeon is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and has experience in combination procedures. Good luck!

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Recovery following tummy tuck, breast augmentation / lift and thigh lift.

Hello and thank you for your question. 4 to 6 weeks. Higher risk for complications.  I do 3 procedures at one surgical session quite often but always prefer to do less. Make sure the surgeon who you have chosen or will choose has plenty of experience doing multiple procedures at once.Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon