Do I need a lift with my implants? (photos)

I have horribly deflated small breasts that are covered in stretch marks. I want to know if you would recommend a lift as well as implants or if I could get away with just implants?

A Breast Lift Could Enhance Your Augmentation

The intention of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

Your procedure should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. I suggest you view before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Do I need a lift with my implants?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

If you wish to make the breast larger, you could do that with an implant alone. Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to come up with the best treatment plan. Good luck.

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes #realself

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lift is not needed

but this is based on your photos.  Lifts are needed if your nipple is below your folds of you have very low positioned breasts.  And if you were ever in the gray zone, I always recommend having the augment alone to allow you to see if your results would be good enough for you... and then you avoid the additional costs, risks, and scarring that lifts bring to the table.

Curtis Wong, MD

Do I need a lift with my implants?

Your photos seem to show that you would do well with breast implants alone. A breast lift would only add unnecessary cost and complexity. Of course you would need an in-person consultation for a final answer - I recommend you see an experienced aesthetic breast surgeon to explore your options. All the best.

Do I need a lift with my implants

I think the implants alone will give you a fuller and natural appearance. You will not look like you have 18 year old breasts though.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for posting pictures. It's difficult to tell without a consultation whether or not a lift will be necessary. Your board certified plastic surgeon will need to discuss different types of implants and profiles as this may be enough to get your desired aesthetic. You will need to have an in person consultation and I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post operative results. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast lift with augmentation

This will need an in-office consultation to evaluate the tissues and asymmetry, discuss your wishes, desired size, type of implant/augmenation.  In your case the desired size/implant will be an important factor. 

Make sure you have a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in this procedure. Check her/his experience, credentials, reviews, before and after photos, and have a quality consultation.

It is preferred for your surgeon to be member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and ideally member of "American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery". This means they have been evaluated by the society and recognized that the focus of their practice is high volume and quality, honest aesthetic plastic surgery and they adhere to a code of ethics.

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

Augmentation Mastopexy

Your photographs indicate you have some sagging, but just how much would require an examination. This would determine whether a lift would be necessary or not to achieve a normal looking breast. My gut feeling is that you would benefit from one to get a pleasing result.  Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that are expert in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Lift or Augment

The answer really depends on your goal look so be sure to take wish photos to your consultation. These photos should be postponed medical photos. But we see many patients every year with your anatomy every year that get great results with implants only. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD