I just had a breast lift w/o implants. Now I'm wishing I would have gotten implants. How hard to add them?

Would I need to wait a few months before implants could be added? What is the smallest size of implant? I nyst want a c cup

Once you have a lift

you should heal and assess just what is needed to make you happier.  It could be an implant but if you don't need excessive size, and you have adequate fat that could be harvested, you could simply have fat grafting to the upper poles.  So heal and then decide... you may end up liking what you have and not really need anything else.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implants after a breast lift.

Thank you for your question.  A breast augmentation can be done after a lift.  Many surgeons will stage the procedure and do a lift first and then the implants.  There are many tradeoffs of staging versus single stage but if one has had a lift more than likely they can have implants once the healing of the lift has stabilized.  I would recommend starting with a consult from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast surgery.  They would be able to evaluate and make recommendations.  Good luck. 

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Implants after a lift

It is not difficult to add implants after a lift, but you will have to wait until the lift has settled. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.