I am 2 weeks post-op TT and Lipo, can i do any exercises or stretches to help with severe back pain? (photos)

Remove the tapes!

You should not be stretching or doing exercises.  You should not be doing lymphatic massage! You should take those tapes off, they are dirty.After tummy tuck surgery, I advise the patients to take two weeks off from work. The patients may return to work, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At two months, the patients start low impact cardio. At three months they can engage in more strenuous physical activity. If anything hurts or causes swelling, we ask them to back off somewhat. If you exercise or do some particular activity that results in pain or swelling you are doing too much for your personal recovery at that time.  Not everyone heals the same.  You need to make sure that you don’t cause more swelling.  Fighting the swelling or working through the pain will certainly backfire. I prefer the patients to stay in town for two weeks if they from more than 2-3 hours away.  I do not allow patients to fly before 2 to 3 weeks at the very minimum.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.Generally speaking, the average Tummy Tuck  patients, exercises tend to allow two weeks after PO, gradually: first, gentle walks without sweating, then, you can go to the gym to do aerobics, and, after four months you can stats with machines excercise and start with light weights, and, if there are no problems, only six months after PO may charge "free weights".
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post-Op Healing From Tummy Tuck

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. Regular activity may be resumed at six weeks post-op.Now, it may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle. These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.If you find yourself concerned or uncomfortable at all with your scars and the healing process then it is a good idea to visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated for proper healing. Be sure to care for your scars thoroughly but never hesitate to contact your surgeon with questions specific to your case in order to make sure that healing progresses well. Best of luck!

Activity after TT

Thank you for your question. You are early post op and I recommend you talk to your PS as every doctor has different types of instructions for their clients.

Activity after tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry and I suggest you ask your surgeon.  If you were my patient, I would probably not allow much back extension movement.  Good Luck with your recovery.  

Activity

Activity such as stretches and exercise need to first be cleared with your surgeon as he/she is most familiar with how you are progressing through recovery.  As for back pain, some patients find it is helpful to use a tennis ball to roll on the lower back to relieve tension.  Also a warm moist cloth is also helpful.

Camille Cash, MD