I am four weeks post op and my nipples itch. Skin is peeing just a little. Is this common?

Itching and peeling

Thank you for your question.  The itching and peeling could be due to irritation caused by the garments/clothes that you are wearing.  Please be seen in person by your operating surgeon to determine how to best handle this problem.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Itching post op

Resta ssured all is well.As sensory nerves regenerate they can itch etc.Some skin cream will help the dry skin.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Nipples itch post surgery. Is this common?

Yes, itching post surgery is common and part of the healing process. (Think of when you have a scab on your knee from a scrape and the itching that results as it heals.) A moisturizer or anti-itch cream can help. Talk with your plastic surgeon for their specific recommendations. Best wishes!

Karen Singer, MD

Four weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

Icthing can be part the normal healing process or an allergic reaction. In my practice, after performing a breast surgery I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post Op Breast Aug

Yes, itching is a very normal reaction to breast augmentation and likely represents the normal healing process. This is even more likely the case if your implants were place via a periareola incision (around the nipple). This is something however to address with your surgeon to make sure that you are not having a reaction to something like surgical tape, glue, suture, etc... Best of luck with your results...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Yes this could be part of the healing phase following surgery. Best to see your surgeon to discuss......

Skin itching after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Skin stretching can cause an itching sensation and cause the skin to peel. Nipple sensitivity is also common with nerve stretch.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Nipple irritation after breast augmentation

This can be common. I would recommend an evaluation by your surgeon. You may have some irritation to the glue or adhesive if it was used. Some times a little ointment or moisturizer can alleviate the itching. Check with your surgeon.

#PlasticSurgery #BreastAug #Implants #nipples 

I appreciate your question.
No it is not uncommon.  Check with your Surgeon to see if he/she has a preferred moisturizer /ointment that you apply to the affected area.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr Schwartz

Four weeks post op and my nipples itch

I often tell my patients to expect some itchiness, especially around four weeks postoperatively. This is probably because of two reasons. The skin can become dry during this period this is also the time when the level of the chemical histamine which is a normal chemical in the healing process becomes elevated in a surgical area. This can be quite itchy. Hence the reason people take antihistamines when they are itchy. Often a lotion can help.