Why is my belly button draining from the top and the bottom? (photos)

I am 9 weeks post-op tummy tuck and lipo. I spent this past week in the hospital fighting an infection that developed within two abscess on my belly. They were cut open and drained and I was on very strong antibiotics to clear up the infection. Now I'm home and have developed a small fluid bubble at the top of my belly button as well as a small split at the bottom of the belly button. They are both leaking fluid and I don't know why. Please help? I have reached out to my PS but he has yet to respond.

Infection after surgery

You should definitely follow you with your surgeon. It is loss that they will need to open another area since you are draining. Do not worry, you should be fine. Just follow up with your doctor and continue to follow their recommendations. Good luck!

Belly Button Drainage

You need to be evaluated by a surgeon without delay. If you cannot reach your surgeon or find one who can see you right away you should go to your closest emergency room.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.  I would suggest that you phone again as your surgeon's nurse should get back to you at the very least. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon