White tissue on the inside of my labia following vaginoplasty?

I had a vaginoplasty a week ago and it appears to be healing well. I have no foul smelling discharge no bleeding. No redness. Soreness but my suergon said to expect this for upto 2 weeks. I looked today as the swelling has finally gone down and inside my labia the skin has gone white... Is this something to be worried about?

Am I healing ok from labiaplasty?

A photo helps but really what you need is a physical examination.  In the post operative period there are many things that patients notice that cause worry but are perfectly normal.  Typically if you are feeling better as time passes then you are doing fine.  A visit to your surgeon in the key step.  Infections are common but easily treated.  Typically you would notice a yellow discharge or smell a few weeks after your surgery. 

Healing normally after vaginoplasty?

Hello han16602, We appreciate you question however in the absence of any photos and having not been present for the surgery definitive interpretation is all but impossible. However is your swelling has gone down, pain and discomfort is going down and no redness or discharge with an odor these would be considered "good signs of healing". Can the tissue sometimes look white during the healing phase? Yes. If you are concerned and feel your healing is not moving forward in a positive direction seek consultation with your surgeon to assess your situation. Best of luck.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

White tissue inside of vagina

It is difficult to say what is going on without a photo.  Please contact your surgeon to discuss your finding.

White tissue on the inside of labia?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  Without an in-person examination or full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice, but typically mucosal issues that are healing will have a white appearance.  I would recommend reaching out to your surgeon to discuss this finding to ensure your results are continuing to heal well.  Best wishes.