What size will this take me to? (photos)

Finally had the courage to upload an image. I am having 400cc on my right side and 425cc on my left side. Having high profile round silicone implants partials.. What size can you predict This to be on me? My stats are 5ft 8, 11stone 34 inch back?

Bra size after breast augmentation

Bra sizes are so variable it is difficult to give you and exact bra size but I would venture a guess as a full C or D cup.

Choosing the right size implant

I would encourage you to focus less on bra size, as it varies so much between manufacturers, and more on the look that you want. I would suggest that you "try out" the recommended size either with gel inserts or with the at home rice method (1oz rice = 30cc volume, place in ziplock bags, put in your bra). Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

What breast implant cup size will this take me to?

Figure 200cc implant for increase in one cup size. A 400cc should increase cup size by 2 in the same style and manufacturer of bra that you are currently wearing. To see effect of high profile implants please read the link below:

Size after implants

I appreciate your concern, because size does matter when seeking a natural looking result in breast augmentation. I ask my patients to bring in photos of breasts the size they desire, because there can otherwise be confusion because B or C cup can vary greatly by brassiere manufactures! I also utilize the implant in the bra technique, with several different implant sizes with a tighter fitting T-shirt to get an idea of what you will look like. Finally, I prefer to meet with my breast implant patients at least twice before surgery, so I am confident that I know exactly what her desires regarding shape and size are. I then have several sized implants in the patient's desired range available in the OR to allow me to tailor the operation to her needs. Be certain your surgeon understands your desires and you should do great as this operation carries a very high satisfaction rate. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Thanks for posting. The increase would be in range of a small C cup as my over the internet guess.... 

Unknown

It is impossible to answer your question.  The best thing is to visit your plastic surgeon's office, try on sizer implants and get measured

Martin Jugenburg, MD

What cup size will I be?

This is a very common question breast augmentation patients pose to their surgeons.  Even with an examination it is virtually impossible to give you an accurate answer.  It essentially amounts to an educated guess.  Focus on the look you want and sort out the cup size after your surgery when you have sufficiently recovered.  There are many tools available to surgeons and patients to help them select an implant size including external sizing systems and 3D imaging technology.  You can also use the rice method (1 oz rice = approximately 30cc implant volume) with a non-padded bra to give you a sense.  Hope this helps and good luck!

What size will this take me to?

Thank you for your question and photo.  It will not be possible for online consultants to tell you what cup size you will be after breast augmentation without being able to examine you.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” or "look nice" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

What bra size

It is sometimes hard to predict what bra size one will end up with with a certain size breast implant. There seems to be great variability between bra styles and manufacturers and country of origin of the bra. My usual rule of thumb is 350 to 400 mL will usually increase the cup size by one. Therefore, if you're already a B ,at 400 you should be a large C. The 34 which is a measurement around the rib cage will remain the same. Good luck with your anticipated surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS