Had my operation just over 5 years now and the right boob has dropped a lot. Any suggestions? (photos)

Had my duaghter 2 years ago and since then the right boob has dropped so much and looks so uneven. My left boob is still fine just the way I like but u don't no why the right one has gone this way and is really upsetting me. Just wondering what you think. Been doctors about 6 months ago and they just said not to worry.

Uneven Breasts Following Pregnancy

Only a good physical examination will be able to absolutely tell what is going on. If the implant is in the correct position then a lift may be all that is needed. If the implant and the breast has dropped then they will both need to be managed. Go back to your initial plastic surgeon and let him/her evaluate your breast and help you understand what is happening and how best to manage this.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Uneven Breasts Following Pregnancy

Breast changes frequently occur following pregnancy and they can be unpredictable.  It is impossible to determine from your photo alone but it appears that the implants remain in a good position.  If that is the case then, perhaps, a right breast lift may be able to achieve a much better match with the left breast.  In that situation the implants can be left undisturbed and the procedure limited to the overlying breast tissue.  I suspect a very nice result should be achieveable.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Had my operation just over 5 years now and the right boob has dropped a lot. Any suggestions?

It does not appear that your problem is with the implant dropping, but rather that your breast is sagging off the implant as a result of your pregnancy. Correction of this will require a breast lift procedure. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation.

Normal changes post pregnancy

Your before pictures would have been helpful. Your nipple/areola is totally different over right side and consistent with pre-augmentation difference in breast shape. Please see your surgeon for further evaluation. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Right breast ptosis (droop)

Thank you for your question. Breasts do change in unpredictable ways after pregnancy and breast feeding. Symmetry and volume can be lost and drooping can occur. These are fixable problems. Often it is best to wait until you are done having children to avoid the same scenario after the next pregnancy. But, some patients and some cases warrant more urgent attention. It is always best to consult with a plastic surgeon in person after having a full exam. I wish you luck. 

Ari Hoschander, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Implants after pregnancy

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures.  I tell all my patients who are having breast augmentation that if they get pregnant, there is a strong chance they will develop asymmetry.  Please discuss with your plastic surgeon your desire to improve the aesthetics of your result. It looks like you will need a lift on the right.  

Implanted uneven breasts following a pregnancy.

Greetings,

Looking at your photo and reading your history, it is not possible to determine whether your breasts were uneven prior to your breast augmentation or as the result of size/shape changes directly related to your pregnancy.

In any event, you should consider revisiting with your plastic surgeon or getting an additional opinion to discuss your treatment options. Your care requires the examination by a physician who sees and understands your needs.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon