Should I still have loose skin after having a full tummy tuck 7 months ago? (Photo)

I had a full tummy tuck 7 months ago , with muscle repair and lipo suction but I still have loose skin . One side of my belly is bigger then the other side . When I stand up I can still grab the skin but u can only notice it badly when I'm sitting down. I still have over hanging skin what I didn't want . As u can see in picture . I'm not 100% happy with it.

Should I still have loose skin after having a full tummy tuck 7 months ago?

This depends on the difficulty of the surgery that the surgeon encountered.  This is a good thing to discuss with the surgeon.  Based solely on the photos however, I think this was not executed as well as it could have been.  There is some amount of unpredictability that comes with plastic surgery but in my opinion, some surgery was left on the table if you know what I mean.
Dr Vasisht

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend addressing your concerns to your chosen surgeon as he or she knows exactly what was done during surgery. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Your results are within normal limits

You had huge amount of extra skin on your abdomen before surgery.  There was also remarkable excess above your belly button.  In such situations it is not unusual to have some skin excess especially when you sit down. Sometimes liposuction helps to reduce this bulkiness. Sometimes side to side skin tightening is needed. Discuss your options with your surgeon.  However you have good outcome from your first surgery and your surgeon did a good job.      

Vasdev Rai, MD

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I can see your area of concern and it does appear that you have some mild skin excess still present.  Some laxity develops once your swelling resolves, but at 7 months you are approaching your long-term results.  I would voice your concerns to your surgeon, they can help provide other treatment options for you.  

Appears as a very conservative TT was done. Only revision could improve the tightness. But there are always potential complications in revision surgery!

Still loose skin post TT

This is not unusual.Once the swelling from the surgery goes down then you will get some laxity to return.This is normal.As we age our skin looses elasticity and collagen.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon