I had BA on 14/01/16. My results are not what I expected. I thought I was a 32B, told my PS I had never got measured.

My PS said I could go to a D cup. Couple days before surgery I got measured and the women in the lingerie shop said I was a 30E and had been wearing the wrong bras. Even though it was an E, there was no volume. My surgery went ahead and my breast look and feel so small. I used to wear padded bras and I feel I had better results with the bras and not after the surgery. Feeling depressed. It has only been 9 days since OP but they don't seem to come far away from my chest when wearing clothes.

Post-Op Concerns

I am sorry to hear about your concerns.  It is still very early after your procedure so it is difficult to get an accurate impression of your final appearance.  It takes time for your breast tissue to accommodate the implant and, if the implant is behind the muscle, this can take even longer.  I'm not sure it really matters what your exact bra size was before surgery so I wouldn't get too worried about that.  Obviously, speak with your surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Too soon

Thank you for your question. It is too soon to assess the results of your surgery being that you are just over a week post-op. You will need to be patient and make sure to follow your surgeon's instructions closely as you move forward in the healing process to ensure optimal results. I tell my patients that, in general, they need to wait until at least the three month mark to assess their results as their breasts need to continue to heal, reduce in swelling, and drop into place.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Unexpected Results

I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with your results, it is important in my practice that my patients are happy with all final results. Although you are still early into the recovery period. talk with your PS, you might be able to get your implants revised after the recovery period has passed in about 6 months. Cup sizes are never good indicators since each manufacturer uses different measurements. so talk to your surgeon and explain what your expectations are in terms of volume and size.

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Results

You are literally in the infancy of your recovery. I know that it is frustrating to not have your final results immediately, but it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to heal and your implants to drop/settle. For now, be patient. If, at 6 months, you are still unhappy, speak with your surgeon about possible exchanging your implants. But remember, bras are never a good indicator of actual volume since the sizing varies so much between manufacturers. Focus instead on the "look" of your new breasts. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

BA size outcome

I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your breast size after surgery. This is not an uncommon situation. Patients often have expectations that they try to explain to their doctor and the results are not what they thought they would be.
When patients come to my office, I try to stay away from talking about cup sizes. These measurements are often subjective and are certainly different throughout all bra manufacturers.
Instead, I like to get an idea of the DIFFERENCE the patient wants to see in there breasts and then help them select an implant that will BEST fit their chest.
Delivering an attractive breast is more important than trying to achieve a specific cup size.
Be patient as it is early in your recovery. Keep your plastic surgeon involved in your recovery.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

Displeased with ba size outcome

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Bra sizes do not matter. however, the perception of size and shape is what matters. You may need some time to heal before undergoing revision surgery.

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Implants too small

Cup sizes are different from store to store, brand to brand. They are subjective and variable, so I wouldn't focus on what one store told you after their specific brand of measurement.
Also, 1 week out is way too early to tell what your final shape and projection will be. I would wait another few months, you may be happily surprised at how things evolve. Try to be patient, though I know it is hard.
Good Luck!
Dr. Subbio

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Early breast result

Thanks for your inquiry, but without a before picture and more information about the implant placed, it is hard to advise.  Remember implants can be high and tight at first and then drop and "fluff" with time increasing the overall appearance of your projection.  Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  

Breast implants

Early post-op patients often have significant swelling, and measurements might be falsely elevated. Best to wait 4-6 months to be measured. 

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. You will not lose any volume but the way your implant sits on your chest wall will change, and can result in different ‘fills’ to your bra.  Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz