Currently 12 days post op from mastopexy with implants. Should I be concerned? (photo)

I'm currently 12 days post op from having a breast lift with implants, just slightly concerned with the incisions on my left side as they are a lot more bumpy looking than my right side so just wanted a second opinion if they are healing ok or if there's anything I need to be concerned about or keep an eye on? Thanks

Everything from your pics looks fine. It is too early to comment on the result and it will take a few months before  you can make any comment about the shape etc. Keep in touch with your PS is you have any concerns. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Scarring

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing.  #Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. So, if you find you are concerned or uncomfortable in the healing process it would be a good idea to see your surgeon right away to have the area evaluated for proper healing. While you are still early in the healing process you should still make sure to contact your surgeon as needed. Best of luck!

Normal recovery

his is the normal appearance of the wounds at this early stage after surgery.  Be patient it may take months for the wounds to heal completely.

Currently 12 days post op from mastopexy with implants. Should I be concerned?

Based on the pictures, it looks normal but if you have a concern, contact your surgeon for a proper evaluation. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Based on the pictures, while your incisions do look a little bumpy, these typically smooth out very well over time.  I recommend continuing to follow closely with your surgeon and follow their recommendations.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Should I be concerned?

Thank you for your question and photos. No online reviewer can diagnose or make treatment recommendations without a complete medical history and physical exam.  In my opinion based on the photographs I do not see anything of concern.  It would be normal to have some swelling and bumpiness of the incision sites.  In the absence of redness, tenderness, or fever things look ok.  I would recommend you share your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon