How long this treatment last ?

I understand this treatment require more than one treatment, maybe three times but nobody mentioned how long Infini last ? How often I have to go back to the treatment ?

How long do Infini results last?

As with all the collagen stimulating procedures, the results should last about 3 years. This is based on new collagen lasting about 7 years but the effects of aging reduce those results. The usual recommendations are to have 3 treatments with touch ups about every 1-1.5 years. Duration is dependent on overall health, sun protection, and whether you are on medical grade skin care. If you are a smoker, this significantly negatively impacts your results and duration. Also, Retin A is essential for optimal skin health. Collagen stimulating fillers such as Sculptra and Bellafill will prolong the results by boosting the collagen that is stimulated from the Infini; they act synergistically.  Remember that tightening is very difficult in a volume depleted person, so it is essential to be volumized before or during treatment. If this is done for acne scarring, the results should be long term as long as more scarring is not occurring. Keep in mind that many acne scarring patients also need fillers to get best results because volume loss make scars more apparent.

Infini

Thank you for your question. The results can be seen immediately after the completion of the treatment. However, the rebuilding of collagen in your body can take weeks to months. For optimal results, it can take 2 to 3 treatments and full results can take anywhere from 4 to 6 months once the new collagen growth is complete. Results will vary per individual. It is not determined how long it actually lasts since long term studies have not been conducted yet. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD

How long can Infini last

For the best results, 3 treatments with infini is required. Unfortunately, there is no study to say how long the effects will stay. Because we continue to age, there is no noninvasive device or invasive surgery that lasts a lifetime. A facelift is generally thought to last 10 years, but this varies on the patient and their aging process. With that said, I would tell my patients that infini will have to be repeated every 3 to 4 years.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

Infini

That is a great question but we can't say for sure what the answer may be.  There is one study that showed that it lasted for the entire duration of the study but the study itself had a follow up of only 6 months or so. A long term study does not exist at this time.  Based on the science behind Infini and the results I've seen in my own patients, I believe Infini works.

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long can INFINI last

Multiple INFINI treatments done alone or in conjunction with other resurfacing treatments and fillers such as Bellafill has been successful to improve acne scarring better than any other treatments I've worked with in the past. Results are meant to be corrective and unless you get new scarring, the treated scars should not return or revert back.
When treating skin laxity and wrinkles the longevity of treatments depend on how well you maintain your skin. Avoiding sun damage by not laying out in the sun, using a good sun block daily, using retinols and a good skin care regimen to promote collagen production to reinforce the skin, results can last for years.Ultimately you can not stop your skin from aging but you can slow down the process. I hope this helps.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Microneedling/radiofrequency treatments like infini and intensif require a series of options and often in combination with other treatments like fillers to get the best outcome.  Dr. Emer.

Infini Microneedling for facial tightening, resurfacing, texture and acne scars in my NYC practice involves three treatments

The longevity of resurfacing treatments seems to be similar. In my NYC practice, I rarely see good results on acne scars or wrinkles change with time. The improvement persists with scars, but skin sagging is a different issue. The tightening induced by Infini microneedling is fighting the continued aging process and gravity. One would hope that the results will be 1 - 2 years or more but as it's a relatively new treatment, no one has long term follow up information.  A treatment series could be repeated in six to twelve months. 

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon