How/what do I do about a folding nipple? Left breast never dropped and it feels "empty" where the implant would be/uncomfortable

I had surgery a few years ago and my left breast never dropped and when I lay down I is very uncomfortable also at times I feel like I have to lift this breast up and I am sitting down (without a bra) I don't sleep in a bra anymore i honestly dislike bra for the most part after the surgery. also I went throughout the nipple and now my nipples seems to be "folding" over along the cut line what does this mean? also is it normal in the left breast to like a slight discomfort/ maybe pain?

Depending Upon the Specific Procedure You Had

The excision technique is used on cases of gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. 

Likely, it sounds like you may have had this procedure and that your nipples. Now, following surgery, your incisions  go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

If you are uncomfortable with the level to which your nipples and scars have settled after your procedure it would likely be a good idea to visit your plastic surgeon and have the area examined to make sure that healing went properly. It will be advised by your surgeon who knows all the details of your previous procedure to determine whether a revision will be helpful. Good luck.

Discomfort

Thank you for the questions but an examination is really needed. So see your surgeon or other expert in the area and become informed what is going on and if there is a fix.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD