Bump after under eye-bags surgery. Does it look swollen to you? (Photo)

I have my under eye-bags surgery done 1 month ago. There is a visible bump at the corner of my left eye. The surgeon told me that It is still swollen and It will go away. But, I am a little worry that it may not go away since it has been a month since the surgery. Does it still look swollen to you and do you really think that it will go away? You honest answers will be greatly appreciated.

Eye surgery recovery

This can still be residual swelling from your eye surgery.  Continue to follow the advice of your surgeon to optimize your recovery and your results.  Healing is different for everyone and having some swelling at this point is not uncommon.

This looks relate to how the skin was positioned into the wound edge.

This typically does settle but it can take more than a month.  Time is remarkable in helping these look better.  I suspect that this will take several months to resolve.  This will heal with or without massage.

Swelling after blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question and photo.  It appears you have residual swelling of the eyelid and the incision.  Everyone heals differently.  Some people have very little swelling at this point, but other who are more prone to swelling to begin with will still have significant swelling that can take longer to abate.  Keep in contact with your surgeon, but your eye does look like it will see significant improvement as the swelling subsides.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling in lower lids

It looks like some swelling right at the corner of the incision.  There may be a buried stitch in there.  It should improve.  I would have m patients massage the area to flatten it out, but check with your surgeon regarding this. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling after blepharoplasty

Thank you for posting your picture. There seems to be tissue swelling present still in your eyelids. Most of the swelling should be gone by 8-12 weeks. Follow your doctors recommendations. Good luck!