Can I sleep on my side after 3 weeks of my Tummy Tuck, Breast Implants and Lipo of the flanks?

SIDE SLEEPER

This is a question best answered by the operating surgeon, as each Doctor has their own protocol after surgery.  I know it can be difficult to break a sleeping position habit, which is why it is best to check with your surgeon.  Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping on the side

We recommend our clients to start sleeping on the side in 6 weeks after the surgery. Otherwise it would influence the outcome of your surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery :-) 

Jitka Vrtiskova, MD
Prague Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping on side after surgery

This is a question that is best answered by your surgeon as he/she is most familiar with the details of your surgery and how you're progressing through recovery.  Until that time you can use pillows as a wedge to take some of the pressure off of your back.  Also using a tennis ball to massage the lower back often relieves the tension there.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS