Do surgeons give the same quality effort if they do a BA at a discount?

I have a BA booked in ten days and just received an email from my PS that says $500 surgeries booked this month. Most likely it will not apply to me but I was thinking of asking them anyway. I do worry that a surgeon might not give 110% if they're doing discounted work. It might be hard to get a truly honest answer because no one would really admit something like this, would they?

Yes, the quality of work is always the same with your safety being the utmost priority.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes!Dr. DesaiHarvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Discounted Surgery

I would consider this a fair concern for a disposable product or situation where you will never contact the seller again however when it comes to surgery and medicine, your health and safety are always of utmost concern to your Plastic Surgeon. Your results are long term and their reputation has a lot to do with their long term results and patient satisfaction. Most Plastic Surgeons take great pride in their work and will want you to be extremely happy.  Be sure to select a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area and see the attached link for a number of good questions to ask them.
All the best

Bargain it worth it?

• Lots of businesses give discounts to increase traffic.  Any reputable one should provide results just as good regardless of what is done.
  • I do both cosmetic and reconstructive work.  My goal at all times is to provide exceptional results irrespective of what I get paid. There is no question that some colleagues (thankfully a minority) value high paid cosmetic work more than reconstructive. 
  • Meet the surgeon.  If you get a vibe that says they may not care then run away no matter what!  If you like and trust them, then perhaps it is a great opportunity.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville.  He is the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program and an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University.  He strives to provide the best possible plastic surgery results and excellent care to patients from the GTA including Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Georgetown, Milton, Burlington and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Discount breast augmentations

This is a difficult question to answer. A discount may drive more business to your surgeon's practice but breast augmentation  surgery for $500 is simply unheard of. The low price may reduce your surgeon's incentive. Please discuss. 

Do surgeons give the same effort with a discount?

Yes, I'm sure that most surgeons do give the same effort whether a discount is given or not.  Almost every office runs specials or gives discounts from time to time.  When we run a discount, patient's certainly get the same effort.  That being said, going with the cheapest doctor is usually not wise.  However, this doesn't seem like your situation at all.Good luck.

Shayne Webb, MD

Surgery at a discount

I could not imagine any self respecting surgeon to do less than their best effort whether the patient is paying the standard fee, a discounted fee, or even getting free surgery.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery

Thank you for your question.  If you have thoroughly researched your surgeon and trust him/her, then there is no need to be concerned about this at all. I feel as if most surgeons take pride in their work.  After surgery, our patients become almost like a walking advertisement.  It would not be beneficial to our practices to give anything less than 100% to any surgical case. … SHOW MORE

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question.  I think you have nothing to worry about.  If you have thoroughly researched your surgeon and trust him/her, then there is no need to be concerned about this at all.  A good surgeon will seek to give their best results to every single patient.  Many surgeons do cases without getting paid anything for certain cases or go on volunteer medical mission trips.  Any good surgeon will always give every patient their best effort, regardless of a discount. 

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD