Will taking prescribed muscle spasm meds help speed up recovery even if my muscles aren't spasming?

It says my muscle spasm meds will relax the muscles. Tense muscles are keeping my implants very high. I am post op day 5. Still early I know but the feeling is uncomfortable. My PS recommended no bandeau, no massage. Only raised arm exercises. I have smooth gummy bear implants. Is it safe to take muscle spasm meds even if I don't feel spasms to address my upper pole bulging?

Muscle relaxers after BA

Thank you for your question.It is important for you to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have seeing as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best and every surgeon has a slightly different post-operative protocol. At our practice we prescribe muscle relaxers and use a bandeau with downward pressure on the implants, we also use a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with decreasing swelling in the early stages of recovery. 
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon