Is this bruising normal? Day 2 post-op (Photo)

I met with a nurse (I assume) instead of the doctor on the day after surgery. I asked her if the bruising was normal and she said she didn't see any bruising. I took this picture before I came to see her... I also switched to a different zip front sports bra. The surgical bra was incredibly tight and diff to breathe in. Hope this is ok to do. The office is closed for two days so I can't call and ask.

2 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your question with us. Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 
Kind regards

Post-operative bruising

Your bruising does not look alarming. But if you have any concerns, make sure to have your doctor check. There is no substitute for close aftercare.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Bruising 2 days after breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  The bruising in your picture does appear to be minimal.  There should always be someone on call for the office, even if the office is closed for a couple of days.  I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon as well.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Postop care

Congratulations on your surgery.  The bruising that appears on your photo is not unusual.  Bruising may appear up to 3-5 days after surgery, especially along the lower areas of the breast, and then progressively resolve.  More importantly, you should always have access to your surgeon or covering associate to discuss any concerns or be seen if deemed important.  Healing is a process and unnecessary anxiety can disrupt and otherwise uneventful post-operative course.   Activity restrictions and bra management definitely vary surgeon to surgeon.  Do not hesitate to clear up any confusion as quickly as possible.  Best wishes.

You appear to have very minor bruising in the photo. But you should also be able to contact your surgeon at any time.

Normal bruising?

The bruising in the picture does not look excessive. Questions like this should ideally be answered by your surgeon. They are in the best position to advise you. My office never really closes. Either myself or another plastic surgeon is always available to answer questions from patients and see them if it is an emergency. It should be the same for your doctor.

Is this bruising normal? Day 2 post-op?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and congratulations on your surgery.  The degree of bruising in your picture is not uncommon after a breast augmentation but should be followed closely to ensure an otherwise uncomplicated recovery.  At times bruising may worsen the over the first day or two after the development of bruising but then should gradually improve.  Hope this helps.