I had Lishmania on my upper lip and I want to have my lips back, advice? (photo)

is it possible for me to have better lips? I have very thin lips and when I was a child I had Leishmania on my upper lip (as in the pic). I want to have better lips. and how much will it cost in total?

I had leishmania on my upper lip and I want to have my lips back, advice?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I would recommend using a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler to subtly augment your lip volumetric the point you are happy with.  This will afford a natural appearing improvement. Hope this helps.

After Leishmania I want to have my lips back

It is always possible to obtain fuller lips using fillers or fat transfer. Scarring from the Leishmania may hinder the expansion of the lip in areas.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thin Lips

Thin lips can be enhanced with fillers or fat transfer, to the lips.

I do not see the leishmenia sore or scar on the upper lip, if you had leishmenia of the skin only that usually heals within one year even without medications. It does leave a scar behind.

Thin lips

While leishmania can cause scaring, from the photo you provided I cannot clearly identify the area of scaring. However I believe you are a good candidate for a hylauronic acid filler such as Restylane Silk to achieve fuller lips. The effect is temporary (lasting about 6 months) but should be natural looking and reproducible.

Hope this helps.

Ralph Massey, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologist