Breast reduction 2 weeks post op. My right side has really bad sewing done on it. WIll it stay like that forever? (Photo)

Hi. I have a couple questions about my breast reduction. It has been 2 weeks and 2 days and I am still in really bad pain. I have a slight infection on my left side but I have antibiotics to put on it. It seems to be looking okay but they hurt and I have a really bad odor from it. Also, my right side seems to be hurting now too with a small infection. My right side also has really bad sewing done on it. Will my breast end up staying like that forever? I have photos to show too. Thank you.

Breast reduction

Some of your incision is pleated because of the difference between the upper and lower incisions. As for the wound healing issues you need to follow closely with your surgeon to get the appropriate instructions and care.

My return question is have you NOT been under the care of your chosen surgeon in person????????????????

Breast reduction 2 weeks post op. My right side has really bad sewing done on it. WIll it stay like that forever

Thank you for your question and photos.  Continue close follow up with your surgeon and follow his recommendations for wound care.  The closure will smooth out in the next few weeks.   Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Best wishes!

Two weeks is too early to judge final results

Thanks for your breast reduction question. Simply put, if you’re concerned about suturing/sewing, it’s best to discuss this with your surgeon. Two weeks is far too early to judge the final look of your breasts after surgery. A good benchmark is 8 to 12 weeks, and there’s a good chance you’ll see things smooth out and correct themselves as the tissues heal. If you think you have an infection, you should contact your surgeon as soon as possible and make sure you're following the post-op recovery instructions.

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Report wound healing issues after breast reduction to your plastic surgeon.

I would have concerns about your incision as well. You need to report this to your own surgeon.A wound management regimen will be started.

Breast reduction post op. Some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

To avoid postoperative swelling and pain after performing a Breast Reduction procedure, I recommend to my patients, to limit the arms movement for two weeks, also it's not advisable to carry weight.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

2 weeks post surgery things look nothing like the final result

it is too early for you to judge the results.  It looks like your surgeon has attempted to keep your scar short and so the tissue is bunched up.  This will smooth out, give it at least 3 months if not more to become a smooth contour.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Concerns about right breast after reduction

Thank you for your pictures.  Your right breast has some pleating but more importantly you have some breakdown of your incision.  You need to go back to your plastic surgeon for evaluation and treatment of this area

Breast reduction 2 weeks post op. My right side has really bad sewing done on it. WIll it stay like that forever?

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced.  It will be especially important that you follow your plastic surgeon will frequent basis. He/she will be in the best position to make accurate assessments, give you good advice, and provide you with meaningful  reassurance.

Generally speaking, areas of "irregularities" along the incision lines tend to smoothen out with time. You will likely be much happier with the appearance of your breasts several months from now.

Wound healing issues after Breast reduction

Thank you for your question. I recommend you see your surgeon as soon as possible. Bad odor and necrosis and new pain on other side are concerning.