Right saline implant ruptured. I would like the left one ruptured with no replacements. How?

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend you have them removed surgically to have the best and most safe outcome.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

There is no rush to remove the implant. You can have the left implant pierced to remove the fluid and leave in place for as long as you want.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Saline Rupture

I have drained an implant in the office to provide symmetry while a patient waited to have her implants replaced, but I would not recommend leaving in ruptured implants for fear of future complications.

Right saline implant ruptured. I would like the left one ruptured with no replacements. How

Thank you for your question. I would recommend them removed surgically. This is not an emergent. But it is a simple procedure.

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend you have your implants surgically removed in order to have the best outcome. Though there is no urgency to removing the ruptured implant, rupturing your left implant can potentially introduce an infection.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation and for assistance. 

Deflate then remove

Thanks for your question. Leaving the shell in place following deflation leads to seroma formation. This can get infected and cause serious issues. If you don't want the added breast volume that the implants provide then you don't have to replace them. There's no real point in deflating the good side in the office. All of this can be done in the OR. Best of LUck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Ruptured saline implant

When saline implants rupture, removal and/or replacement of the implant is the traditional course of action.  If you no longer desire breast implants, the recommendation would be to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and have the ruptured and non-ruptured implants removed.  

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Ruptured implant

The safest course of action is to remove both implants. It is a minor procedure and could even be accomplished under local anesthesia or minor sedation.

One side ruptured.

Thank you for the question. The proper course of action would be to remove both implants surgically, both the ruptured and the non ruptured one and not replace them.  I have heard of surgeons purposely rupturing the implant with a needle and leaving the deflated implant shell in place, but I would not recommend it.

Speak with a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and discuss your concerns

Best Wishes,

Michael Morrissey,MD

Ruptured saline implant

From your history, my recommendation if you are my patient would be to remove both implants. Options then would be to replace with silicone gel implants, do nothing, or do a breast lift if necessary. I do not recommend a simple puncture with aspiration of the liquid inside the implant and leaving the shell inside. I've seen more than a few patients, who with long-standing ruptured saline implants feel knife like sensation from a point that develops in the collapsed shell. Hope this helps.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS