Do I have time for TT? (photos)

Came from London to Mexico (wi family) to have BR and TT together. Dr decided he will only do BR as it will be long/complex (asked him to reduce as much as possible my 32H). He can do TT 1 week and 2 days after BR, then I would have 19 days to recover and fly back and get on with normal life (4hrs desk job, school runs, etc) In your opinion, do I have enough time to heal? Dr confirmed I am good candidate for TT he will do hernia repair and lipo Thank you

Dr Derby

The time frame might work hoping that you will have no complications at all. I am sure your surgeons knows best. Best of luck

Time

I request that my patients not fly, especially a long flight, for at least 30 days. Having your procedure in another country can be problematic if you develop any complications. Who will tend to you at home if that arises? Also, you are choosing to have two large procedures back to back without giving your body time to heal. This does increase your chances of wound healing problems and complications. Plus, flying that soon after a long procedure does increase your risks of blood clots and swelling. I would suggest finding a surgeon in your area and doing the procedures in a safer manner. Cheaper is not always better. Cheaper with complications is always much more expensive.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Surgery away from home

I am sorry to be crass but you are nuts.  do it at home. suppose you have a problem what are you going to do then 8 hrs from your surgeon. a breast reduction should take 2 hours, alarms are going off in my head.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

A tummy tuck and breast reduction

There are many ways to consider your situation, but I would prefer to have done the tummy tuck first and then the breast reduction. The tummy tuck is the larger operation and this would have given you more time to recover. In fact, the tummy tuck could of been done with the breast reduction. It is cutting it close to leave the country within three weeks after the tummy tuck.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Do I have time for TT?

Personally, I would recommend finding a qualified Board Certified PS in your home country. I know of several highly qualified BC PSs in London that would be happy to provide you a service. I would avoid medical tourism and price shopping as a decision making tool. 

Enough time

Hello and thank you for your question. What I don't understand is why he is not doing the reduction and tummy tuck together.  That makes me concerned that either the schedule was messed up and he doesn't have the time or (no other reason). I still think the time frame you have given should work anyway.Good luck. Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon