What do I need to do and what supplies do I need to bring with me for my mommy makeover?

I would love ideas of what medicine/scar cream or supplies I need to bring with me to be comfortable after my surgery. And any other supplies I might need?

Supplies for Mommy Makeover Recovery

It's suggested to speak to your surgeon or their staff about their recommendations based on your specific needs. They will provide you will the material and information you will need to prepare for your #post-operative #recovery. 

Preparation

It would be best if you check with your surgeon for his pre-op recommendations. Good luck, Dean Vistnes 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Make-Over Recovery

Contact the patient coordinator or nurse at your board certified plastic surgeon's office and ask them for a list of needed supplies. Every surgeon and every office is different and it is important that you know exactly what your surgeon expects. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make over

Dear Yenic,
   Every plastic surgery practice has it's own guide lines in regard to surgery. once you did you due diligence research and selected an experienced board certified plastic surgeon that you trust. you should follow his or her's recommendation. In my practice, the patients bring to the surgery center their medication which include antibiotics, pain medicatio and anti nausea medication. Patients are encouraged to drink lots of fluids after surgery and ambulate in order to avoid complications. In the first 24 hours after surgry, an adult has to stay with the patient for their safety. For wound care patient will need at home Q tips, Hydrogen peroxide ( 3% ) , Bacitracin ointment and gauze. Creams for scar healing are allowed 2 weeks after surgery. I hope this help.
                     Dr Widder

Supplies to bring when you have mommy makeover

Patients having a mommy makeover in our outpatient surgery center are discharged to home following their surgery after spending and hour or hour and a half in our recovery room.  We ask patients to bring the medications which were prescribed so that we can review the meds with the patient and caregiver.  The abdominal binder is provided but patients are allowed to purchase the sports bra of their choice as long as it has a front closure.  For discharge, patients should have a comfortable pair of pants that are soft and easy to wear over their garment. Pajamas with a top that buttons in front and an elastic waistband are fine. Others may choose yoga pants that are loose and a zip front jacket.  Flat, comfortable shoes that are easy to slip on are recommended. 

Most practices will provide you with instructions that are specific to the particular surgeon.  It is fine to contact your surgeon's office if you need more details on preparation for surgery.

Supplies for tummy tuck

Thank you for the question. Your plastic surgeon's office will guide you through the process. I ask my patients to bring the abdominal binder and medications with them the day of the surgery. 

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

What Supplies to Bring for a Mommy Makeover

Your plastic surgeon will let you know what supplies to bring, if any. This is what some of my patients have brought with them to keep them entertained in case of a wait:
  • Earbuds with music (with an phone, iPod, etc.)
  • Kindle
  • Book (usually fluffy and light so it's easy on the brain)
  • Magazines (though your surgical facility may have lots of fun ones)
  • Knitting
  • Journal
We ask our patients to bring warm socks, which gives us the opportunity to see lots of fun designs!

The most important thing is to follow your own surgeon's instructions carefully. Each practice is a little different. Something that works at one place might conflict with the protocol at another. 

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Usually at your pre-operative appointment-- the instructions will be given to you by your surgeon. It will depend  on what exact procedures you're having. The meds will be prescribed before your surgery- you can bring them the day of your surgery with you.

Mommy makeover supplies.

Typically do not need to bring anything special or aftercare after your mommy makeover procedure. I am not one to favor creams for incisions during the recovery process. I would ask your plastic surgeon on what he or she recommends regarding this matter and other supplies.

Mommy makeover supplies

This is a question you should really ask your surgeon. It would also depend on the procedures you'll be having for your mommy makeover. For example, a comfortable soft cup sports bra that hooks up in the front would be good if you have breast augmentation, but not necessary for a tummy tuck. In addition, advice on scar treatments are best obtained from your surgeon. Enjoy your transformation!